Start a “recognition train”
How to do it:
- Recognize someone in your digital channel – include what the person did, how it helped you and how it reflects your company’s or team’s values.
- Then, ask them to pay it forward by recognizing someone else in the company – starting a “recognition train”!
- Bonus: come up with a fun theme for the activity, perhaps tied to a company program or milestone.
Why it works:
- A public shout-out lets everyone join in congratulating the employee, extending its impact.
- The “pay it forward” approach generates more activity and keeps appreciation top of mind across the team.
- And employees who feel valued are 2x less likely to look for a new job.