A regional grocery retailer uses Bonfyre at their corporate headquarters and in their stores to launch a new culture program and drive engagement among managers and hourly employees.
Manager – Employee Relations
The Society of Human Resource Management states, “organizations are turning to HR to set the agenda for employee engagement and commitment to establish a competitive advantage,” – it’s clear companies recognize the association between employee engagement and the organization’s operational performance. Business.com data continues to show that people leave managers, not companies, and ensuring managers actively participate in and sustain employee engagement is paramount. Positive manager-employee relationships encourage productivity and collaboration among teams.
Turning To Bonfyre For Success
This regional supermarket turned to Bonfyre as a digital channel for its workplace culture, launching to over 1600 employees. As Bonfyre is a lightweight app that any employee can download to their own smartphone, it provides the company and managers a direct channel for communication and engagement with frontline employees. They leverage flexible communities that organize communications based on location, department, and role. And employees have access to a custom recognition program that supports top-down and peer-to-peer recognition aligned with cultural values.
Here are a few highlights from their Bonfyre experience to date:
- Higher-performing stores exhibit different behaviors on Bonfyre than low-performing stores (6x more active)
- Encourage poor-performing stores to adopt behaviors exhibited by managers at top stores
- Managers at high-performing stores had 6x higher activity on Bonfyre
- 77% of employees on the platform accessed their schedule from their store’s Bonfyre community
- Made a recent investment in a new culture program – using Bonfyre to bring it to life at each location
- Creating two-way conversation regardless of role or job title
- Knowledge sharing between people in similar roles at different stores